This is one of my all time favorite recipe's. It's my go to recipe for cake pops and I always find an excuse to make them. :) One of the reasons why I love this recipe so much is because you can add so much variety to it with any flavor or color. It really goes perfect with any kind of occasion you have. Oh and also, people LOVE them. They will be a hit for sure!
- One box any cake mix
- One can any kind of frosting
- Candy Melts
- Crisco (optional)
- Lollipop sticks
- Sprinkles or any type of embellishments
- Bake Cake as directed on box. I always like to add and extra 1/4 cup of oil to make my cake more moist. Let Cool completely.
- Once cooled, mash up your cake in a bowl pretty finely.
- Add about 1/2-3/4 cup of frosting and mix up well. You don't want it to be to gooey but enough frosting to roll into a ball.
- Roll into ball, I like to use my cookie dough scoop. It works great! You want it about the size of a gumball.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place foil over and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Melt Chocolate: Follow directions on the package for melting. I like to add about 2 tsp of Crisco to the candy melts to make it thinner. Try and use a shallow bowl so its easier to dip.
- Set up assembly line, have another baking sheet lined with paper ready for the dipper cake pops. Have your sticks and your sprinkles ready to go.
- Pull out cake balls about ten at a time so they dont thaw out. Dip your stick about 1/4inch in the chocolate and push it down in the center of the cake ball.
- Dip ball into frosting and cover completely. Set on your parchment and sprinkle immediately! Sprinkles help cover up any imperfections.
- Continue this routine until your done, this recipe always make a TON of cake balls for me. Depending of the size you want, it usually makes me about 30-35.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat. Place on a cute cake stand or platter.