These chocolate chip cookies are my easy go to recipe that everyone always loves. They always come out just right and they are so soft! the reason why they are so soft is because of the secret ingredient CORNSTARCH. Yep! It works and they are so soft and stay so soft every time. Try it!
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (any kind you like)
1. Preheat oven for 350. Spray cookie sheet with non stick spray.
2. Cream butter and sugar together in mixer until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes) Add egg then the vanilla.
2. In separate bowl combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
3. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix and then add your chocolate chips.
4. With cookie dough scoop, scoop dough onto sprayed sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes.
5. I like to pull mine out when they are just a tad bit underdone and then I let them cool for about 10 minutes on the pan where they finish cooking.