I have always LOVED strawberry freezer jam! I have been using this recipe for quite awhile now and it is delicious! It's so easy and quick to make. And who doesn't love easy recipes?
Here is what you do:
- Grab your strawberries, rinse them really good and cut the ends off. I usually buy the box from Costco because the box is so big.
- Place strawberries in a bowl and with a meat grinder or any kind of smashing device mash up your strawberries. You want two cups. I usually mash them and measure in my quart size liquid measurer. Mash them to your likeness, my family likes it a little more chunkier so I leave it that way.
- Place in bowl and add your 4 cups of sugar. Make sure to measure right :)
- Once you have your strawberry sugar mix, start the pectin. Follow the directions on the back. You usually add 3/4 cup water to your box of pectin. I like to use Sure Jell pectin.
- Mix well and place over stove on high. Stir until it boils and then continue stirring while it boils for 1 minute.
- Immediately pour into strawberry sugar mixture. Mix for about 4 minutes.
- Fill your 8oz mason jars, I fill to the clear line where the rim starts because it can expand in the freezer. Make sure you wipe of any excess on the rims.
- Screw on lids and leave them a room temperature for 24 hours.
- Then Freeze!
- The general rule is that they will last about a year in the freezer and 3 weeks in the fridge.
My family devours this jam as soon as it is made and there are so many things you can eat it with.
- 2 Cups mashed strawberries
- 4 Cups white sugar
- 1 Box of Sure Jell Pectin (or any pectin)
- 6 or 7 (8oz) mason jars.